Monday, June 20, 2011

Music and Movies


Just a very quick update this afternoon, gentle readers. I trust you had lovely weekends. Mine was quite relaxing; almost a little too mellow for my taste. However, I did some very fun things, most notably starting another batch of recordings with Sober Nixon. We laid down the vocals (including harmony!) and bass line on our version of Blondie's "Dreaming," and so far, it sounds fantastic. Our drummer Ryan is producing the recordings, which makes sense, given that he has pretty much become our music director. He has made me sound like a real singer or something. I can't wait until these recordings are done. Yippee!

Last night, I wandered down the street to my local cinema to see Super 8. I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it as much as I expected I would. Basically, if you imagine what might have had happened had E.T. been befriended by the Air Force instead of Elliot, you have Super 8. A very decent film, but you needn't go out of your way to see it, unless you already were planning on doing so.

Okay, that's all from here. I am off to sing songs, like I do every Monday. So until the next time we speak (or you read)...

(photo courtesy of the blog at voices.com)

No comments: