Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Singing Habit

I write about my singing habit on this space quite a bit, gentle readers, so tonight I thought I'd offer you a pictorial history. Mercifully, I have chosen to shield you from photos of all the high school talent shows and musicals I performed in...mostly because I don't have any. This is a chronicle of my singing habit once I revived it in late 2006. It begins with the band I was briefly in with some co-workers that year to Daydrinker to the Sub Rosas to open mic performances to Sober Nixon...with a few karaoke shots thrown in for good measure. These pictures were taken at Bimbo's, Cafe Royale, Encore, the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, Blondie's, the Napper Tandy, a Cole Valley sidewalk on a sunny morning, Joxer Daly's in L.A., Doug's old house and the Rockit Room.

Singing makes me so incredibly happy; sometimes I feel like I don't want to do anything else. So here's to hoping my singing habit revival keeps going strong for many years to come.












(Some, if not all, of these pictures may have been posted on this space before. Please indulge any repetition.)

No comments: