Well, once again, I seem to have taken a bit of a vacation from actually updating this little chronicle. So I decided it was high time to rectify that. Here's a wee summary of some of things I've been doing in the two months(!) since we last spoke.
- Spent another glorious week in Hawaii in early May. I will be taking three Hawaiian vacations this year, and I couldn't be happier about that fact. I really need to figure out how to become wealthy so I can work part time and spend half the year in the Hawaiian sunshine. I might need to start chatting up some rich old men...
- Had surgery in mid-late May. Worry not, it was nothing serious (that assurance is mostly for any members of my family who happen to be reading). However, surgery is surgery, and I did have to spend almost a week at home recuperating. Boy, did that get insanely boring after about a day or two. I also was rather uncomfortable for that week, but that's all in the past, and I feel great now.
- Attended many fun parties. In late April I went to Biscuits and Blues for the first time ever and enjoyed some live blues and delicious snacks for my friend Julie's birthday. May saw my friends' Tom, Chris and Nick's annual Memorial Day Weekend backyard barbecue; my friend Megan's birthday and going-away party combo (she moved to Sacramento for a fancy job); and a fancy wine and bocce ball gathering for my friend Katya's birthday. I have pictures from a couple of these soirees, and I'll post them soon. Or eventually, anyway.
- Buying a fair number of concert tickets. I'll be attending shows this summer and fall from Squeeze, the Go-Go's, Ray Davies, the Psychedelic Furs, the 88 and who knows who else. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a bit of a music fan.
- Singing, after just a small break during my surgery recovery. But I always sing, so what else is new?
That pretty much sums up the last eight weeks or so, and now it officially is summer, the time of year when daylight lasts well into the evening hours. I'll be spending some of those longs days on mini-vacations in Los Angeles and Vegas, before jetting off to Hawaii again as summer turns to fall.
Life really is a wonderful thing, isn't it?