Monday, January 30, 2006

It Seems Not To Be the Summer of Love Anymore

Since I was mugged three weeks ago, I admit I have become a little paranoid. But being knocked down by two guys in broad daylight so they can steal your purse and jacket leaves a girl a little nervous. I don't want to give the cretins who did that to me too much publicity, and my friends have already had to hear me whine about it. But frankly, I wish it had happened during my "time of the month" so my cute little purse they stole would have been filled with tampons. That would have shown the little morons.

Okay, that was a little class-less. Forgive me.

Anyway, I bring this up because as I left work tonight there were some police officers standing at the front door of the building and security seemed concerned. And as I started to walk home another police car sped toward my place of employment with its lights on and siren going. About four months ago two people who work in my building were robbed at gunpoint in the parking garage. I hope nothing like that happened this time.

I walked home with 9-1-1 dialed and ready on my cell phone. Just in case. Things like this cast an ugly shadow over our fine city by the Bay.

1 comment:

terry said...

it sucks that your sense of security has been damaged by those assclowns.

i wish upon them a bunch of used tampons.

and hey, welcome to the blogosphere!!