Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For

Good news! It is my weekend!

Because of the nature of my job, I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off from work, as opposed to Saturdays and Sundays. While I miss Sunday brunches and pedicures followed by laying on my couch or grabbing cocktails at my Favorite Bar in preparation for the beginning of a traditional work week... having a mid-week weekend is actually very cool. I can go to the gym in the middle of the day and know it won't be crowded. Or even better, I can hit the spa. And running errands and making doctor or dentist appointments is much easier. It has the potential to be a little lonely because most people are at work, but I have several friends who either are not working right now or have weird work schedules, too. So I can always find people to play with me during my "weekend."

So I am already in my pajamas, and I'm very happy about that fact.

Plus, I need some relaxation time, as I've been a little stressed out lately. Did you ever wish really hard for something and then when you got it wonder what on earth you could have been thinking? I'll just leave it at that.

No comments: