Friday, December 08, 2006

All We Are Saying...

.... is that Mark David Chapman sucks. Seriously. That dude will not have a good time in the afterlife. I'm just saying.

Admittedly, my favorite Beatle is Paul McCartney, but I can't help but wonder how much future creative genius was lost on this day 26 years ago. And every 8th of December I get a tiny bit sad, but I appreciate all that we got to enjoy.

All because of some freakshow loser who was looking for attention. I hope he never, ever gets out of prison. In my opinion, anyone who murders and stifles music deserves no mercy. There. I've said it, and I'm not taking it back. Perhaps that's not as zen and forgiving as John would have been, but whatever.

Okay, bitterness over. Perhaps I should take a lesson and give peace a chance. To quote Paul, himself: "And if I say, I really loved you and was glad you came along..." Continue to rest in peace, John. Thanks for making so many people so incredibly happy.

No comments: