Saturday, May 05, 2007

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Today I attended my first Giants game of the season. Actually, I believe this is the first game I've attended since 2005, which is pretty lame, considering I can walk to the ball park from my apartment.

Regardless, my San Francisco Giants faced the Philadelphia Phillies this afternoon, and I was there courtesy of the big boss at work. He had an extra ticket, so I joined him, his lady friend and his son in the sunshine-drenched seats on the third base line. Because this is my life, I, of course, ran into someone else I know there. On my way to the ball park, I happened to randomly call my friend Tom, only to learn he would be watching the game three sections over from us. I paid Tom a visit during the bottom of the 7th inning, and we had our would-have-been phone conversation in person.

It was also a perfect afternoon to be outside. Because of the weather here, baseball games in San Francisco usually mean blankets and warm jackets, but it was sunny and about 75 degrees today. Plus, the Giants won! I think it was very kind of them to play so well while we were watching.

I admit I was late to the game because I got off to a bit of a slow start this morning. For one thing, I still have the tail end of my cold from earlier this week, and let me tell you, this thing is not going quietly. It's decided that for a grand finale, it will settle in my chest for a while. Always a party. That made my morning run a bit more of a challenge than usual. So much so, in fact, that half of it became my morning walk. Plus, I was a little tired after a night out with Paul and Denise. We went to the Latin American Club last night, and while I only had three cocktails, that may have been one too many. But we had fun, and neither Paul nor Denise seemed to mind my tipsy rambling at the end of the night.

But after cocktails last night and baseball this afternoon, I find myself at work this evening. Well, all play and no work would make me a dull girl, right? Or something like that, I suppose.

No comments: