Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

Remember when I said this afternoon that I was going to go running... in the opposite direction of the Olympic Torch. (You don't? Scroll down; it's at the end of my previous post.) Well, I did just that. Or so I thought.

About 15 minutes into said run, I encountered a closed street. Why was the street closed you ask? That's right: the Torch. Officials aborted their original route plan and took the Torch directly across my running route. The bad news is that the spectacle delayed my run by about 15 minutes or so, and I never regained my momentum. As a consequence, I ended up going on a shorter "run" than planned and walked most of it.

The good news is that I did see the Torch in person. Without all the mayhem. I will say, however, that had I gone down to the Embarcadero, as originally planned, and waited for hours to see a Torch that never showed up, I'd have been highly irate. Just like I bet a lot of people were.

No comments: