Sunday, August 07, 2011

Tea and Tiny Sandwiches



My co-worker Connie is pregnant, with twins, no less, and this weekend she had a tea party baby shower at Dartealing Lounge in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood. I must confess that I'm generally not a big fan of showers, either bridal or baby, but this was such a fun gathering. We sipped four varieties of tea and munched on yummy sandwiches, scones and miniature cupcakes. We also, of course, lovingly fawned over Connie as she carries two other little people on her 5'1" frame. These pictures only include about a third of the guests in attendance, but I'm sure a delightful time was had by all.

The rest of my weekend was pretty good. Gry, an old friend from my acting days, is in town, and she and I got together for dinner on Friday night. Plus, my friend Megan and her roommate hosted their annual summer barbecue. It was awfully foggy and chilly in their backyard in Noe Valley, but the grill was hot and the company lovely. Unfortunately, I also had to deal with some worrisome family developments, but it appears that they are going to work out just fine. At least I hope so.

I also hope to attend another tea party soon. It's delicate, girly, good fun, and those sandwiches are incredibly yummy.






No comments: