Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Best Friends and A Really Good Mood

I had not intended to post today, figuring I would wait to report on the adventures of my work weekend, which begins tonight but won't really get going until tomorrow and Thursday.

But then something glorious happened. I have made a new best friend: my co-worker Patti. I've always liked Patti a lot, but at work today, I had occasion to offer that I am 36 years old. Patti looked right at me with an expression of genuine shock and said, "You're 36? I didn't even think you were 30 yet." I want you to let that sink in: she didn't even think I was 30. I was so thrilled that I hugged her with sincere vigor and proclaimed her my new best friend. I meant it, too. Not that I think 36 is old, but still. As I thought about it later, it occurred to me that maybe she thought I was so young because I bounce around our workplace everyday saying things like "Yay!" and "Yippee!" with my special brand of sassy energy. Plus, I am her go-to girl for bar recommendations (so far I have sent her to Favorite Bar, Anu on 6th Street and 15 Romolo in North Beach). So maybe I come off just a tad immature. Well, you know what? I don't care; if it makes me seem young, I'll take it.

This has put me in a good mood of colossal proportions.

In other friend news, I also found out today that my very, very good friend Jenny is coming to town tomorrow. She and I have spent endless evenings bonding over snacks and cocktails while trying to decipher the confounding behavior of ridiculous boys. But in 2003 she moved to Boston for graduate school and decided to stay. Whatever. I haven't seen her in what feels like forever, so I am very excited. She and I will be getting pedicures on Thursday and catching up on tales of the latest ridiculous boys in our lives. I can't wait!

I always say Sassyland is home to a truly good life, and everyday offers more evidence of that fact.

No comments: