Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hopping Down the Bunny Trail

I have a jelly bean hangover.

Actually, it's possible I am still riding a sugar high from the 16 pounds of Easter candy I have eaten today. It's been just so delicious.

In addition to my champion sweets consumption, I have established an Easter tradition: brunch at the Rex Cafe in Russian Hill. Little did I know in 2001, the first year I organized Easter brunch with my friends, that this would be become a not-to-be-missed event. Some years see more brunchers than others, but it's always a good party. We had a relatively small group this time around, with Tom, Suzanne, Steve, Katie and me gathering for mid-afternoon snacks and drinks. I brought the Easter basket, as always, and a good time was had by all.

Well, it's possible Suzanne had one bad moment when the waitress spilled a mimosa on her, but other than that, it was good time for everyone.

After brunch, I took a tiny nap, and now here I am at work. I like having a work schedule that allows me to celebrate a holiday before coming in to earn my paycheck. When I got here, I found a tiny marshmallow-Rice Krispie Easter treat left for me by my co-worker Megan. It was shaped like a bird's nest with chocolate eggs in the middle. Yum.

Did I mention that I've eaten 16 pounds of candy today?

Hey, guess what? One month from today I will be back in Hawaii. Yippee! I am so excited for the warm sun, my morning jogs, the beach and all the lava flow cocktails I anticipate drinking. And of course I'll get to see Diva Mommy. Plus, Emily is going to join me for about half of the trip. I'm also talking to Tom about coming, and he just may do it. Maybe. If you happen to be interested in a serious Waikiki party, let me know.

I suppose it probably wasn't a wise idea to load up on candy one month before I have to don a bathing suit, but oh, well. Happy Easter, anyway!

No comments: