Thursday, February 22, 2007

Girl Groups at Casanova

Carolyn and I made the most excellent of discoveries Tuesday night. We wanted to go out but were decidedly put off by the idea of any drunken mardi gras parties. So we chose to spend our Fat Tuesday in the Mission and wandered into Casanova. That's when we learned that on the third Tuesday of the month, Casanova features the most sublime of pop music: 60's girl group tunes. It was tremendous, with one great two and a half minute confection after another.

Sadly for us, the girl groups in Casanova were a little on the loud side, and we couldn't hear much other than the music. The draw of hanging out with Carolyn is our brilliant repartee, so we went to Dalva after one Casanova cocktail. But I will definitely revisit Casanova's girl groups night. I'll just have to make sure I go with someone boring, so I won't worry about the fact that I won't be able to hear the conversation.

Speaking of music, Fake Band has a show tomorrow! It should be fun, but unfortunately, a tiny BART disturbance today forced me to cancel my singing lesson with Best Friend. Plus, three of the seven Fake Band members have to miss rehearsal tonight. We should be fine anyway, but that's a little disappointing the day before a performance. Well, I can still practice at home, which I'm about to do, and then I'll spend the rest of my free afternoon shopping for a rock star outfit to wear tomorrow night.

When life gives you lemons, after all...

No comments: