Thursday, April 13, 2006

Here Comes the Sun

Guess what? Something completely glorious happened today: the sun came out! And it was warm! To celebrate I broke out my flowy vintage spring dress and went to Mario's Cigar Bar to meet Gretchen and Paul for a late lunch. We sat outside and chatted while munching on fabulously satisfying delectables. Gretchen had to work at 7:00, so she and Paul went on their way at about 6:30. But Ann Marie had called me, and she caught up with me at Mario's where we continued to enjoy the early evening sunshine while gazing upon Washington Square Park from our outdoor seating. At about 8:00 we made our way to Favorite Bar where we met Brad and a friend of his. Actually, his friend is a recent ex-girlfriend, and frankly, she's... well, let's just say a handful. Given that she chatted up several other men while Brad was left to hang out with us leads me to believe that perhaps they shouldn't stay friends. I know they've broken up, but her behavior was a little tacky, to say the least.

But this post is not about this woman's strange antics; it's about how spring made a rare and very welcome appearance today. This very coy season may well not stay long; it's supposed to rain on and off all weekend. But the taste we had today was delicious.

Tomorrow it's back to the salt mine to start my work week. Weekends go by so fast.

No comments: