Monday, April 17, 2006

Thanks, Easter Bunny!

Well, Peter Cottontail took his annual trip down the bunny trail yesterday, and we celebrated by metaphorically donning our Easter bonnets and gathering for brunch at the Rex Cafe. An incredible cast of family and friends attended: my sister The Fabulous Patti, my aunt Mary, my uncle David, my little cousin Anna, Denise, Paul, Emily, Brad, Jack and Jim. Mimosas, Bloody Marys, delicious food, brilliant conversation and two treat-filled Easter baskets all made for one marvelous holiday. I took some commemorative photos, which I will post once I get them developed. Knowing me that could take a while, so don't be surprised if you see Easter photos in September.

However much fun we had, though, I think my mother trumped us. Diva Mommy lives in Hawaii and told me that she enjoyed an Easter sunrise service on the beach with Diamond Head in the background and warm, soft winds kissing her cheeks. Now that is an Easter deserving of a diva.

Today I struggled through both fatigue and an Easter candy hangover while at work, but I managed. As I have mentioned before, I work kind of late Sunday nights and have only ten hours before I have to be back at work Monday mornings. Some weeks are better than others, but tonight I am exhausted. So I'm off to bed in just minutes... literally. I may rouse myself at 4 a.m. so I can go to Lotta's Fountain for the centennial celebration of the 1906 earthquake tomorrow. 4 a.m. will come awfully early, and we'll be awash in earthquake stuff all day at work. But then, who knew I'd live here for this anniversary? This may not be something I want to miss. I'll let you know how that goes for me.

No comments: