Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Insert Catchy Go-Go's or Connie Francis Refrain Here

Guess what? I am officially on vacation.

And I'm not talking just a day or two to supplement my weekend. I mean five full should-have-been-workdays sandwiched between my regular days off for a grand total of nine luscious days to fill with fun activities of my choosing. Some of the good times I'm planning include spa visits, leisurely lunches, lots of giggling, cocktailing with old friends, revisiting old haunts, crossing state lines and perfecting my urban hispter routine.

The start of my holiday was delayed just a bit when something came up at work, and I ended up having to stay about an hour and a half late tonight. I admit I was a bit annoyed at the time, but I barely even remember that now. Why? Because I am on vacation! If I seem more than a little excited about this, it's because, as I may have mentioned before on this space, it's been almost three years since I took a lengthy vacation. So I am going to savor every minute of my time off.

I'll try to keep you abreast of my adventures as they happen over the next nine days. But if I can't, don't worry. I'll catch you up later. But for now, I have to go pack so I can get the party started.

I am so deliciously happy.

No comments: