Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Aliens Are Watching

I was in a bit of a lousy mood this afternoon. The reasons why aren't important... because I was lifted out of that mood at about 3:00 or so. That is when we, here at work, had occasion to speak with a man who, in all seriousness, told us that he believes not so much in aliens from outer space, but in a parallel human society that has developed underground.

I'm not kidding, this man was dead serious. He's attending some UFO convention in town, so you know he believes what he was saying. With all due respect to this gentleman, I laughed so hard I might never be in a lousy mood again. I really should find him and thank him.

My mood also picked up today when Rosa and I decided that we're going back to the open mic in Alameda this Tuesday night. Doug is going to come, too, and accompany us on bass once again. Rosa plans to sing the Beatles' "Let It Be" and an original tune of her own. I'm going to warble my way through "Different Drum" by the Stone Poneys (which I used to sing with Fake Band) and, if we can work it out, Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know." Yay for singing!

Diva Mommy recently told me that she always found singing to be therapeutic. I think I understand what she means.

1 comment:

Dan Wilson said...

we'll see who is laughing when the C.H.U.D.S. come and get you!!