Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Radio Silent

Forgive me for the silence of the last six days or so. I try to update this space at least twice a week, but the reality is I haven't really been doing much since I last blogged. Well, that's not totally true. Last Friday night I went to my friends Daniel and Mark's housewarming party. They bought... yes, bought... a large apartment just a few blocks from where I live, and they spent about six months completely gutting and renovating it. It was a nice space before, but now it is positively phenomenal. Daniel and Mark are such grown ups. One day, I hope to be like them.

Aside from that, I must confess I have spent the last week working, nesting and mulling over the situation at the heart of my last post. The latter is kind of a waste of my energy, but whatever.

Things looked up a little bit today, however. First of all, I met Katie at Zeitgeist for a couple of daytime Chimays, which is always fun. Then my brother Mike called me and told me he'll be in town tomorrow night. Yay! I already have plans with Gretchen and Helen tomorrow evening, but I should be able to do it all.

After Zeitgeist this afternoon, I went to Il Fornaio for a party for one of the big bosses at work, and it turned out to be a lot more fun than I had imagined. One of my (sort of) co-workers invited me to a karaoke party tomorrow night, which I'm very excited about. For one thing, this party is happening in my neighborhood. For another, it will be early, so I can swing by and sing before all the other stuff I have going on tomorrow night. And finally, I was supposed to go to Julie's Supper Club with Sheela for karaoke tonight, but she had to cancel because she is sick. So I'll be jonesing to sing tomorrow.

It's always good, after a week of gloom, when things start to look up and I remember how fabulous my life is.

No comments: