Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Good Things

There are some good things going on this weekend, and I just have to share.

1. Tickets for the Go-Go's show at the Independent are going on sale tomorrow morning. The Go-Go's have been my favorite band since 1982, so you know I'll be going. Denise is going to come, too, and some of my Go-Go's fan friends will also be there. Glenn, Kim and Claire, to be specific. I believe this will be the 12th time I've seen the Go-Go's in concert. That number is no rival for Deadheads, I know, but it's pretty impressive for me. No matter how old I get, I'll never grow tired of the Go-Go's brand of punky new wave power-pop.

2. One month from tomorrow I go back to Hawaii! I am so excited, especially since my travel partner for this trip has secured us free accommodations in Waikiki. How much does that not suck? Diva Mommy (who, you may recall, lives in Honolulu) will be having surgery while I'm there, but she should be fine. Be warned, one of these days I'm going to go to Hawaii and not come back. I threaten that every time I go there, but one day it will be true. I can hardly wait...

3. My sister, Fabulous Patti, is in town this weekend. Even though I can't fathom why she'd want to leave her fabulous Los Feliz neighborhood in L.A., it is, course, nice to see her. Last night I took her to the Latin American Club for drinks and some excellent people watching, and then we hit the Ferry Building this afternoon.

So those are the good things I'm focusing on tonight. Of course, we always want more in life, and to that end, I admit I am in the process of formulating some specific requests to present to the Universe. Those requests will revolve around infusing more creativity into my job; bringing fun, smart, cute boys who are not emotional morons into my orbit; and helping me recognize and revel in all the fabulousness that surrounds me and emanates from me.

I don't think that's too unreasonable, do you?

On a more somber note, a former employee at my place of business died of cancer last night. He had retired three years ago and moved to Oregon, but he was legendary in my industry here in the Bay Area. I didn't know him that well, but I had gotten to know his son rather well, as we worked together a few years ago. Ah, the circle of life, I suppose.

No comments: