Sunday, July 17, 2011

North Beach Saturday Night


Last night my friend Janelle and I got together for a couple of cocktails in San Francisco's very charming North Beach neighborhood. While I was just in North Beach last weekend with my friend Traci (see previous post), I don't tend to spend a ton of time there, especially on the weekends. That's quite a contrast to five or six years ago when I was a North Beach regular, in part because I lived in neighboring Nob Hill.

Things change, however. I moved to a different neighborhood three years ago and sort of outgrew the North Beach scene. However, it's nice to go back and hang out there every so often. And Janelle, a North Beach denizen, is one of the friends I made when I used to frequent that part of town more often. We didn't stay out particularly late or do anything scandalous; it was just a treat to see her and get caught up. A girl can't live on karaoke alone, so it's always nice to spend a little time with old friends.


A thoroughly enjoyed Tosca chocolate martini.


Tattinger at Tony Nik's to end the evening.

No comments: