Monday, March 14, 2011

Rainy Sunday Bliss

While I think we all can agree that gorgeous, sunny weekends are super fun because you can go out and play in all that sunshine, sometimes a rainy weekend day is pure bliss. Especially if you have no place you have to be on said day.

Yesterday was exactly that kind of day for me. The only thing I had to do was a little shopping (groceries, Walgreens and Pure Beauty), and I got all that done in about half an hour while the rain was just sprinkles. Plus, the Girl Scouts are out in my neighborhood these days, so I picked up a few cookies during my shopping excursion. A box of Thin Mints now is safely tucked in my freezer, with a box of Do-Si-Dos (known as Savannahs back when I was a cookie-peddling Girl Scout) taking residence in my cupboard. I wonder how long those boxes will last... Oh, I also did hit the gym to get a little exercise, but when your gym is two blocks from your front door, it's almost like working out at home.

Otherwise, I relaxed and enjoyed the extra hour of daylight, even if daylight on a cloudy day isn't quite as exciting as sunny daylight. I got all of my household chores done on Saturday, leaving yesterday free for vocal exercises/singing practice, snuggling up to movies like (500) Days of Summer and Oceans Eleven (the 2001 remake, not the Rat Pack film, but good nonetheless) and reading a book.

When you don't have to be out in the rain, fighting your way to work or trying to make the best of damp social plans, wet weather is a lovely thing indeed.

March showers feeding some March flowers just outside my kitchen window.

My backyard enjoying a Sunday afternoon bath. This photo also was taken from the dry comfort of my kitchen.

I add this shot as evidence that my books soon could take over my living space. Too bad they can't help with the housecleaning.

No comments: