Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rules

This morning I... along with many others like me... got terrible news: the fifth season of Mad Men has been delayed due to contract negotiations. That may mean nothing to you, but I have absolutely no idea how I'll make it through the summer without Don Draper. I mean, just look at him:


In other news, you may or not know that I always play by the rules. In fact, my co-worker and friend Rebecca often affectionately teases me about my rule-abiding ways. I exercise everyday; I get a lot of sleep (most nights); I drink plenty of water; I don't do illegal drugs; I pay my taxes on time and honestly; I pay bills as soon as they arrive in my mailbox; I carry no debt; and I can't lie even when I want to because I have absolutely no poker face.

Recently, however, I found myself in a situation where I was tempted to break a few rules. At risk of being overly cryptic, I'll skip the details and merely say that I resisted the temptation, behaved in a way I am proud of and have come out of the situation unscathed.

So I think I've earned the right to stare at Don a little while longer. You can join me in the staring, if you like.

No comments: