Saturday, May 07, 2011

Another Chapter from Glorious Honolulu

I am having the most relaxing weekend, gentle readers. I'm always so busy during the week with work, rehearsals and socializing, that sometimes I love to stay in on Friday or Saturday night. It helps me rejuvenate, and it makes me feel like I'm getting away with something. Since I went to Denise's going-away party last night, I decided to indulge in a little me-time this evening. And I'll probably do the same tomorrow.

I have a few photos from Denise's party to share with you, but before we get to that, here's volume two of my lovely Hawaii pictures. My only regret about accidentally breaking my camera in the middle of my trip is that I wasn't able to snap a photo of the water spouts I saw off Ala Moana during a thunderstorm my last night. They were really cool, but you'll just have to trust me on that one. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy these shots, and I hope you can feel the week of warm, tropical weather radiating from them.

Beach book number one of the week: Joanthan Dee's The Privileges. It is really good. Once I finished that one, I moved on to The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I'm not quite through The Help yet, but it's a pretty easy read, so I should have it wrapped up soon. It's also good and was rather perfect for the beach.

Ala Moana Beach Park.

More sparkly water, this time at Waikiki.

Diamond Head.

A tribute the to father of modern surfing.

More Waikiki sailboats.

Waikiki at sunset. I'm not sure why this picture turned out so grainy, but I like the effect.

Same bikini, different sun hat. Apparently, I like taking this kind of goofy photo of myself.

Late night drink specials. Since I tend to go to bed early when I visit Hawaii, being able to take advantage of late night pricing on occasion is pretty exciting for me.

3 comments:

Blog-o-rama keke said...

do you live in hawwaii?I have so many rewlitives there i have cousins aunts uncles!If you live in hawaii we could be related or you may know some of my family members.If you live in hawaii do you know any willetts?

Rittsy said...

Did you see a green flash while you were there, Melly? Did you scream, "You were never worth it" to a hot Samoan local from the Wiki Wiki bus as you careened toward the airport?

Diva M. said...

Green flash? No. And instead of screaming "You were never worth it," I opted for "You love me!!" Of course.