Monday, May 30, 2011

Do You Andalu?

Let's all wish Katya a happy birthday, gentle readers. Her birthday is today, and her birthday dinner at Andalu in the Mission last night was a smashing success. Imagine sipping all the sangria you can hold (both white and red) while plate after plate of delicious nibbles are ushered to your table. Your imagination is reality at Andalu, and it is all scrumptious.

Katya was surrounded by friends all weekend, including at last night's dinner. Sadly for me, I had to leave early because, as I mentioned in my last post, I had to work early this morning. However, even an hour and a half celebrating Katya at Andalu was good times.

Empty glasses? Worry not, that situation soon would be remedied.

Me and Frances with Birthday Girl Katya (photo courtesy of Katya).

Sangria, anyone?

Susana and Olena.

Jimmy, Julie and Rachel.

Mid-motion toast.

Roxane and Andrey.

Jack and Anne.


I kind of like the way this shot turned out. Believe it or not, that's the menu.

Kevin and Charlie. Serious faces.

Me and the Birthday Girl right as I was about to depart. I think the dopey, tired look on my face in this shot is in anticipation of getting up at 5 a.m. for work the next morning (i.e. today).

In other news, after work this afternoon, I went to a mini-rehearsal for the showcase I'm singing in on Saturday evening. It's an Evening of Song featuring, I believe, 30 singers, and I am one of them. I call my rehearsal today a "mini-rehearsal" because they only needed me for a few minutes. Plus, the musicians who are playing are so good, they needed virtually no time to learn the song I'm singing.

I am so excited! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Edith Salvatore said...

Seriously, posting about the glories of Andalu when I'm beset with sick babies and can't imagine the next time I can get out of the house for a grown up dinner? I don't know if I should hate you or just live vicariously through you.