Friday, February 03, 2006

Absolutely Fabulous!

And no, I'm not talking about the tv show.

Just a few minutes ago I was on the last leg of my run...
... And I'll pause here to tell you that by "last leg of my run" I mean the quarter to half mile at the end of my run where I walk. I could call it a cool down. And I could defend it by reminding you and myself that by that point in the route, I've already run about three to three and a half miles. But frankly, the last few blocks of my running route are uphill, and while I run up a steep hill at the beginning of the run, by the end I'm over it.... Anyway, I was on the last leg of my run this morning when I noticed a man standing in the middle of the sidewalk doing something very curious.

Frankly, it looked like he was lighting a crack pipe.

I asked myself who on earth would light a crack pipe in the middle of a relatively crowded sidewalk in a nice neighborhood at 9:15 in the morning? And then I remembered this is San Francisco; who knows what people will do or why they do it.

As I approached the man with my gaze unabashedly fixed on him... because who wouldn't want to watch someone light their crack pipe at 9:15 a.m.?... I realized he wasn't holding a crack pipe at all. It looked like he was trimming his nose hairs. In public! This was an even better train wreck to watch, so I kept staring. As I actually walked past him I realized that he was not, in fact, trimming his nosehairs. But he was doing some sort of grooming maintenance on his upper lip with nail clippers.

Still a little disgusting, but completely awesome nonetheless. I love living here... and I suspect it's going to be a very good Friday.

1 comment:

terry said...

omiGOD... WHAT is it with people and their public grooming??? it's so WRONG.