Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happiness

Here I am once again with two days off from work, and I feel like the world is my oyster. The sun is shining, and we in San Francisco seem to be coming out of the deep freeze temperatures that gripped our City by the Bay last week. Thank goodness. You might think I dislike my job, given how I revel in my weekends. Actually, I love my job, but they call it work for a reason. I just happen to love my weekend playtime more.

Right now I'm doing laundry. Glamorous, I know. And then I'm going to clean my bathroom and clear out all the toiletries I don't use. At this point I imagine you're wondering whether the show "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" knows about me. But I intend to load up my cd changer with Belle and Sebastian, Ben Lee, Nedelle and Thom, The Beautiful South and X while I clean, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

I also added "Ana Ng" by They Might Be Giants, "Take Me With U" by Prince and "Whole World Lost Its Head" by the Go-Go's to my iPod last night; so I can't wait to go running after my date with the bathroom.

Later this afternoon I'm going to meet my friend Daniel in Hayes Valley. Daniel is so much fun, and I don't see him nearly enough these days. He is decidedly snobby and judgmental. While those may seem like negative qualities, somehow, on Daniel they become incredibly charming. Then tonight I'm going to a film screening and a party. Yes, on a Wednesday.

Tomorrow I'll be interviewing a high school senior who has applied to Brown. I used to do these alumni interviews all the time when I lived in New England, but this is the first one I've done in San Francisco. I imagine the applicant will appear to me to be too young to even be considering college. Then I have plans to get together with Gina, another friend I don't see nearly enough anymore, for a cocktail. After that I might actually watch the Olympics. I haven't been paying much attention to the Winter Games this year, but last night I got sucked into the women's figure skating competition, and the conclusion is tomorrow.

The "Rich and Famous" couldn't possibly live better than this.

No comments: