Monday, February 27, 2006

Sniffles

I have been sick since Thursday evening.
I have been in denial of this fact for approximately the same amount of time.
Only today, when I used half a box of tissues as arsenal against my sniffles, did I admit to myself that I am, in fact, a bit infirm. I feel fine, but sneezing seems to have become my primary form of communication. This state of affairs is not at all surprising, as many people I know have been sick lately. Plus, my workplace tends to be petri dish for festering germs. Once one of my co-workers comes down with something, we all eventually get it. I feel like I'm getting off a little easy this time, though; I can beat down a case of the sniffles. The copious amounts of zinc help.

Huh... now that I think about it, I kissed a friend of mine on Saturday night. It was a relatively innocent, friendly kiss, really, but I bet he won't feel so friendly toward me if he gets sick, too.

But speaking of work, something very exciting happened right at the end of work today. The power went off, and everything went dead. Everything. Usually when the power goes, a back up generator immediately takes over, but not this time. We had no phones, no computers, nothing. That would be bad enough in an office, but imagine, if you will, this happening to a media outlet. There is something a little thrilling about being rendered completely helpless, even if only for a short time, by a black out.

1 comment:

terry said...

ahem... more on the kissing, please...???