Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's the day of love, and I'm in a very good mood. First thing this morning I sent a little email blast of joy to everyone in my address book. So I'm a geek; it's fun to spread the love. Then we had all kinds of treats at work. Plus, per his annual tradition, one of my co-workers left all of us women See's candy in heart shaped boxes. Yummy and fun!

When I was in my twenties, I used to think that if I wasn't in a relationship with my dream man, I needed to dread Valentine's Day. But now I realize that attitude was thoroughly ridiculous. I have tons of love in my life, and I bet you do, too. Plus, on Valentine's Day we get to wear red, eat lots of chocolate and smile all day without having to explain ourselves. What's better than that? And for good measure, it's my lovely and talented friend Wendy's birthday! If all that doesn't convince you... remember that on the day after Valentine's Day, all the chocolates Walgreens has stocked up on since early January go on super-sale. Now, that's something to look forward to.

So tonight, my friend Michael is hosting a little "Love-In" at the Tonga Room. I'm going to swing by that, and then I'm going to the Lovemakers concert with Ann Marie and Elizabeth. If that doesn't sound like a night even Cupid would enjoy, I don't know what does.

No comments: