Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Most Excellent Morning

Hi. My name is Sassy, and I'm an endorphin-aholic.
(Hi, Sassy)
It's been 22 days since my last run, but I happily jumped off the wagon this morning and took one. Even though I only ran a little more than half my normal route and walked the rest, I have to admit I got a little winded. It's amazing how easy it is to fall slightly out of shape in just three weeks. I also didn't want to overdo it, as this was my first post-surgery run.

But let me tell you, even running just half the route felt good. What a nice way to begin a Tuesday.

I'm also in a good mood because last night I got together with my friend Carolyn, whom I haven't seen in months, for cocktails and giggle fits. We met at Favorite Bar 2 and enjoyed large quantities of both. I learned that Favorite Bar 2 features some kind of comedy showcase on Monday nights, and I mean no disrespect, but that drove Carolyn and me to another watering hole down the street. Regardless, it was a fabulous evening, and I still love Favorite Bar 2, despite the comedy.

Looking ahead to the rest of the week, I am treating myself to a spa day tomorrow. I can barely wait! I'm also going to check out the Titanic exhibit at the Metreon on Thursday, after which I'm having snacks and drinks with my friend Ted and his girlfriend, who will be in town from Boston. Then it's Labor Day weekend. My high school friend Kristie is coming to visit, and I have a wedding reception and a baby shower to attend. Luckily for me I have another vacation coming up. I think I need one, as these are busy days.

No comments: