Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Well, Frankie said relax...

... so that is what I did today. At the spa.

Have you ever had a ScenTao treatment? I have. It's this kind of skin treatment-aromatherapy-hot stone massage combination that is very lovely. I arrived at the spa this morning two hours early for my date with ScenTao, and I used that time to exercise (you know I spa I frequent would have a small gym) and lounge in the steam room and sauna. I then reclined poolside with my copy of Joe College by Tom Perrotta until ScenTao began. After my 90 minutes of bliss, I took a dip in the pool and several dips in the whirlpool before calling it a day.

I was so relaxed when I got home that I needed a nap.

Needless to say, I haven't gotten a whole lot done today. I have laundry; I need to clean my apartment; I need to retrieve my extra set of keys from Gretchen so my friend Kristie can get in and out of my apartment when she comes to visit me this weekend. I did none of that. I can only justify it by saying relaxation is why God created days off. Otherwise we'd probably have to work seven days a week on a regular basis.

Right now I'm supposed to be on my way to the Orbit Room to meet Jack and a bunch of his friends, but I'm having trouble finding the motivation to go out. I'll make it eventually. Just a few more minutes with my feet up, and I'll be ready to go. I just know it.

No comments: