Thursday, February 03, 2011

Let the Sunshine In

Life keeps bubbling along during our mild San Francisco winter. I went for a jog this morning and was treated to a beautiful view of the fog hugging the distant hills while my route was bathed in sunshine. I really wished I had a camera with me... and that I knew anything about real photography.

Aside from good weather for my morning exercise routine, all is the same in my world. The search continues for a new guitar player for Sober Nixon. Can a process be both encouraging and frustrating? If so, that is exactly how I would describe our guitarist search. We have a couple of leads so far, and I'm hoping for more. I figure the more potential candidates, the more likely it will be that one or two will work out. I also really want to start writing songs at some point, but I need a collaborator for that since I don't play any instruments (unless you count my voice). One step at a time, however. I need to get all the players in my cover band set before I start thinking about the daunting task of creating my own music.

The weekend ahead certainly looks promising. I'm looking forward to sleeping in, as I do every weekend, and the series of parties and other social activities that are shaping up. They include, but are not limited to, a classic soul dance party, a birthday party and a Super Bowl party. In all honesty, I could not possibly care less about the Super Bowl. However, it would be impolite to decline an party invitation, now wouldn't it? My thoughts exactly.

I now shall leave you with a photo of one of my biggest crushes on this, the 52nd anniversary of his death. Nerdy and a musical genius; I defy anyone to try and convince me Buddy Holly was not the perfect man.

No comments: